Backhoe Operator Certification
About this course:
This training course consists of a classroom presentation and a written test followed by a hands-on skills testing session. The classroom portion focuses heavily on the safety, stability, and operational characteristics of today’s most commonly used loader Backhoe’s such as Caterpillar, Case, International, John Deere, JCB, Kubota, Terex, and more. The hands-on portion is a great opportunity for growth as new and experienced operators learn, share and demonstrate new skills in a safe environment under the direct supervision of an industry leading expert instructor. Learning how to accurately inspect and operate machines and the relevant workplace prior to use, (a strong focus in this curriculum) is a key element in reducing workplace accidents and injury.
Finally, operators must pass a skills evaluation using current industry standards with approved documentation.
Successful candidates receive a Certificate of completion and a Photo ID Operators card valid for 3 years.
Applicable to Canada and US standards and regulations.
Classroom Duration: 4 hrs.
+ Pre-use inspection 1 hr.
+ Skills Evaluation 2 hrs.
Successful Candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the following areas:
- OSHA Regulations 1926.602 (d) earth moving operator training
- Hydraulic Fluid/System Hazard awareness
- High Voltage Electrical Hazards
- Loader backhoe safety systems
- Emergency procedures
- Main parts and functionality
- Independent braking system
- Digging operation parameters/setup
- Pre-use & job site inspections
- Daily preventive maintenance
- Safe and effective operating procedures
- Center of gravity & combined center of gravity
- Stability triangles
- Safe refueling procedures
- Storage and transport procedures