Aerial Boom Lift Recertification
About this course:
Our Aerial Boom Lift Re-certification course will enhance the skills of a previously certified boom lift operator. It reviews the information originally provided and retests to ensure understanding. A written test and practical evaluation are administered during which a passing score of 70% is required. After completing the written test, operators must then demonstrate proficiency in operation via a qualified instructor’s written evaluation using industry standards.
The training is not make or model specific but covers characteristics common to JLG, Genie, Snorkel, Skyjack and others. Renewal of operator certification every three years per OSHA 1910.178 is required. Please check your local regulations for any variances to this rule.
Classroom Duration: 2 hrs.
+ Practical Evaluation 1 hr.
Successful Candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the following areas:
- OSHA & ANSI Regulations
- Hydraulic Fluid Hazard awareness
- High Voltage Electrical Hazards
- boom and scissor lift safety systems
- fall protection/fall arrest systems
- emergency procedures
- capacity restrictions
- main parts and functionality
- pre-use & job site inspections
- safe and effective operating procedures
- hand signals for working with ground personnel
- MEWPS <5 degree protocols
- safe storage and transport procedures