The Backhoe Operator Certification Course gives operators a classroom presentation, followed by a written exam, and ultimately a demonstration/practice session followed by evaluation of their skills per industry standards. The classroom portion focuses on key information needed for safe operation of a loader backhoe. The hands-on portion provides the opportunity to practice skills in a safe environment under the direct supervision of an expert instructor at a facility custom built to provide operators with “real world” conditions. The training is not make or model specific but covers characteristics of many of today’s loader backhoes such as Caterpillar, John Deere, Kubota, JCB, Case, Terex, and others.
Approximate Classroom Duration
+ Practical Inspection/ Skills Evaluation
Upon completion of this training program, you will be knowledgeable and demonstrate proficiency in:
- Types of Loader Backhoes,
- overview of operating systems,
- safety systems, inspections and protocols
- main parts and their functions,
- pre-use inspection and job-site inspection documentation
- safe operating procedures,
- machine hazards, job-site hazards,
- refueling and shutdown procedures
This training program focuses on the needs of the “end user”, successful candidates receive a Certificate of completion and a photo identification wallet card.
A minimum score of 70% is required to pass the theory test.
Applicable to Canada and US standards and regulations.